Thescelosaurus? Parksosaurus?

zekky

I have here a strange little tooth. It's a little under 1/2 inch. It is from the Lance Creek formation of Wyoming. I think it could be Thescolosaurus or Parksosaurus. However I can't quite rule out a type of croc. I've never seen a tooth like this so sharp. The root is also compressed. 

thesc.jpg

thesc1.jpg

thesc2.jpg

thesc3.jpg

Maybe it's a little too worn down to ID the dinosaur, but it's too straight to be crocodile.

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

Does the enamel go all the way to the top? It's really weird because it is thinner at one part of the tooth, see what I mean in the pic.

20170114_210823.jpg

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

That appears to be a morphological feature of the tooth. The enamel does go all the way to the top.

Here is one of Troodon's Thescelosaurus teeth in this threat.  What makes this tooth odd is that most Thescelosaurus teeth crowns are bent and a duller tip. This one is straight and a sharp tip.

• I found this Informative 1

The bottom is the root, the part where the teeth are connected to the skull. This also seems to happen in your tooth. In my opinion it is Thescolosaurus or a similar taxon. The root looked like enamel.

post-10935-0-28270300-1459191902_thumb.jpg

20170114_215347.jpg

Edited by Ramon