Is this trilobites Olenellus nevadensis?

Noah

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

Hello! I live in Las Vegas and I love fossil hunting in Frenchman Mountain, the there are trilobites everywhere, I finaly found a full body trilobite there, can you guys I.D this one for me? I am pretty sure they are Olenellus nevadensis, because they are common in Nevada (who would have guessed that?) but I am far from an expert.

It is Olenellus but not sure about the species.

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

At the foot of Frenchman Mtn. is the Bright Angel Shale. Does that help anyone confirm the species?

According to Foster 2011, Olenellus terminatus accounts for 71.7% of the trilobites at Frenchman Mountain (Las Vegas NE quadrangle).

Foster, J.R. (2011)
Trilobite taphonomy in the lower Pioche Formation (Dyeran; global stage 4) at Frenchman Mountain, Nevada.
In: Hollingsworth, J.S., Sundberg, F.A., & Foster, J.R. (eds) 
Cambrian Stratigraphy and Paleontology of Northern Arizona and Southern Nevada. 
Museum of Northern Arizona Bulletin, 67:282-283

IMG1.jpg

figure from:

Webster, M. (2011)
Litho- and biostratigraphy of the Dyeran-Delamaran boundary interval at Frenchman Mountain, Nevada.
Museum of Northern Arizona Bulletin, 67:195-203

• I found this Informative 4

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

On 1/15/2017 at 3:35 PM, piranha said:

According to Foster 2011, Olenellus terminatus accounts for 71.7% of the trilobites at Frenchman Mountain (Las Vegas NE quadrangle).

Foster, J.R. (2011)
Trilobite taphonomy in the lower Pioche Formation (Dyeran; global stage 4) at Frenchman Mountain, Nevada.
Museum of Northern Arizona Bulletin, 67:282-283

IMG1.jpg

figure from:

Webster, M. (2011)
Litho- and biostratigraphy of the Dyeran-Delamaran boundary interval at Frenchman Mountain, Nevada.
Museum of Northern Arizona Bulletin, 67:195-203

Thanks so much, I atleast I know what Genus. :)