Texas Belemnites

barefootgirl

Look what I found! Yeah, I know it's been a while. My nursing career really ate up my life, especially being Director of Nursing at a long term care facility. So I took a step back and took things in another direction in regards to nursing and now I have Mon- Fri off to hunt! Woohooo!!! 

So today I hit a little spot on private land in E Texas and I found some great belemnites. Which are pretty fantastic for being in Texas. 

16174442_10155005960246473_2525578967714766766_n.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Hi,

Ah that I am satisfied to reread you Barefootgirl ! that made for so long ! I wondered if you always took out to hunt the fossil ! Now I know and I am satisfied for you !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Wow, ... nice to hear from you Tera!

Glad to hear you are doing well, and have taken a direction that gives you time to hunt. :D 

Oh, and great belemnites, too! 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

For Texas, those are pretty special.  Good to see you trying a new 'course'.  ;) 

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks everyone! 

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Nice to have you back, Tera! I used to run a care house as well, so I know how those crazy swing shifts can be like, not to mention the overtime when a coworker gets sick. No time for nothing but work, eat and sleep. Looks like you found some Belemnitella. Nice!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very cool.  Common in Europe, but not in Texas.  My Texas examples hail from the Eagle Ford and its equivalents, although I've seen them documented in Texas higher in section as well.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. It's nice getting back out again and hunting. All I have to do now is work two 16hr shifts back to back and I get 5 days off. Love me some Baylor pay weekends!

Alfred North Whithead

• 11 months later...

Nice finds! I am just getting back into it myself. I know very well how it feels to make your first nice finds after a hiatus. I have yet to find mine though. Congratulations. 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Nice finds! :)

Just purchased a couple of Belemnitella mucronata from Germany and sometimes found them in the UK, but yours are lovely. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 1/18/2017 at 1:44 PM, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Very cool.  Common in Europe, but not in Texas.  My Texas examples hail from the Eagle Ford and its equivalents, although I've seen them documented in Texas higher in section as well.

also common in NJ!   one of my favorite local fossils   

Wow! Way to make a come-back. Those are beautiful. I'm so happy things are going better for you now. I'll start watching for your footprints in the creek bed :)

Nice you are getting to get out again. What are the two little finds to the lower left of quarter. Are they belemnite frags or maybe teeth--one looks like a shark of some kind. congrats on the finds. 

Regards, Chris