Displaying The Tiny Shark Teeth From My Whiskey Bridge Trips

silverphoenix

P1000755.jpg

I put them in "gem mounts"--soft enough foam to not break them, but sturdy enough to hold them in place. These are the tiniest of my teeth that I dared to mount in these--the larger ones are in a large riker mount and the even smaller ones are in 1/2 dram vials.

Here are some of my small Shark Teeth, they not easy to spot on the Beach B) .

Werner

post-943-1245300193_thumb.jpg

C carcharias Great White

post-943-1245300211_thumb.jpg

I hastalis Mako

Better a bad Day at the Beach than a good Day at the

Office!

who ever said BIG is beautiful was wrong :o

great looking

They had it half right, grampa d.; they're all beautiful :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice teeth and display! I think I might just get some of those mounts too. Great idea. I've been using the small magnifier boxes and will probably keep doing that for the very tiny teeth that are tough to see without some sort of magnification, but I need something for teeth the next size up.

Kevin Wilson

Nice teeth. I guess I'm gonna have to make a trip there (when the heat goes down). Is this site in Denton County?

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Nice teeth. I guess I'm gonna have to make a trip there (when the heat goes down). Is this site in Denton County?

It's a couple of hours or so south of you on the Brazos River on the borders of Brazos and Burleson counties. A well known site with lots of fossils. See HERE and scroll down to the bottom of the page for a bunch of info. The teeth are Eocene.

I put them in "gem mounts"--soft enough foam to not break them, but sturdy enough to hold them in place. These are the tiniest of my teeth that I dared to mount in these--the larger ones are in a large riker mount and the even smaller ones are in 1/2 dram vials.

silverphoenix, where did you buy them? On-line supplier maybe?

thx

Kevin Wilson

silverphoenix, where did you buy them? On-line supplier maybe?

thx

Google, or search Ebay, for "gem jar". They come in a couple sizes, with white, black, or no foam.

post-423-1245434942_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I get them from a wholesale dealer when the gem and jewelry show is in town---great place to get fossil items!