Peruvian Expedition

rileycullen

Hello, 

I am interested in going to Peru to look at carnivourous fossils in the Talara tar pits and to look at shark and whale fossils in the Ica region. However, I am currently an American citizen. How can I go to Peru and do these things? Thank you. 

google is your friend and also there is info on this forum already concerning a fossil trip to Peru. Search this site "My Trip to Peru".

LINK to previously mentioned topic. ;) 

Also, please use caution when travelling abroad. :) 

Best to go with a few people, if possible.

And take lots of pictures,... as removing fossils from Peru is highly illegal, I believe. 

Good Luck!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Funny to say "I am currently an American citizen...".  Is citizenship something you change frequently?

Anyway, have fun and be safe on your travels, and remember no fossil is worth the trouble you'd experience if you are caught violating laws in a foreign country.

Don

• 1 month later...

You don't need anything special as a US citizen, just a current passport. You will get a tourist visa stamp when you enter the country good usually for 3 months.

I've lived in Peru and other SA countries for 25 years and never been assaulted. Just don't be conspicuous, ie, no expensive items about your person.

Drink only bottled water. Enjoy!

Inside-Peru_card.jpg

Archived