megaholic

Sunday was our 100th trip with our canoe to hunt the Peace River.  I only know this because we are required to report all vertebrae finds to the state at least once a year to get your permit renewed. I keep a running log of all my trips so it will be an easy task to total up when the time comes for renewing.  I just thought it seemed like a milestone for us to go 100 trips with no issues on the road.  We travel at least 110 miles to the nearest river access, so that is 220 round trip. X100 is 22,000 miles traveled! At 70MPH that is about 2 hours X2 at a rate of 6 bugs/minute = 144,000 bugs to wash off the truck. (we travel at night both ways).

Still worth it!

MH

trip100 006c.jpg

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".

Congratulations on your milestone! May you go on 100 more!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Good luck out there Chuck, here's to another 100 : ) 

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thanks...

Now Carl... Have you seen the beer poster of the guy who says "I never tell anyone where I get my fossils - but when I do I lie" ?  Well I didn't get a thing this trip! ;)

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".

23 minutes ago, megaholic said:

Thanks...

Now Carl... Have you seen the beer poster of the guy who says "I never tell anyone where I get my fossils - but when I do I lie" ?  Well I didn't get a thing this trip! ;)

HA!!!

Congrats on the milestone--looking forward to the time when you can report adding another "0" to the end of that achievement.

Tammy and I probably only make it out half a dozen times or so on average each year. I'm coming up on my 10th anniversary of my first time in the Peace so I'm guessing our total number of trips is more in the 50-60 range. No logbook for me (I'm not quite that organized) but my photo album shows that I was first out on the unseasonably chilly morning of March 17, 2007. Looking back at the photos, I did surprisingly well for a beginner--I scored a few nice horse teeth, some Glyptotherium and Holmesina osteoderms, both a gator AND croc tooth, a dolphin and whale vert (worn) and both a whale tympanic bulla and periotic, a broken tapir tooth and pig tooth, some mastodon tooth frags, lots of turtle shell frags, a few broken megs and a large pile of smaller shark teeth. My best find of the day though was my first (and to this day only) baby mammoth tooth.

Cheers.

-Ken

Wow!!! Congratulations on the achievement. I don't know if I have even fossil hunted 100 times!!! :dinothumb:

:yay-smiley-1:

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

Congrats! Enjoyed the math calcs...Is the biannual lovebug influx included? LOL..they can be absolutely terrible!! You ought to post a picture of the "before" and "after" of that nuisance for the non-Floridians! 

Regards, Chris 

Archived