Jacksboro, Tx Shark Tooth Find

Laura Carroll

Yeah Laura, most of us find lots of "pointy" shark teeth before we ever find a "slicey" one. I always use these terms because even people who know fancier words still know what I'm talking about so, wider audience. Around here we also have an easier time finding crushing teeth like Ptychodus. I was hoping you would have better luck at Post Oak Creek for those beauties.

Be watching the Dallas Paleo website and email notices for a trip to Martin Marietta Quarry. You can find  pointy and crushing shark teeth there. We will be going there sometime coming up and it's a members only, limited-roster opportunity so follow instructions to get on the list.

Your time line was right for the whole period but erose is correct for the material at Jacksboro so that looks better on the label and 300 is a nice round number, easy to remember.

Sadly I missed that trip too so, Dino Mike and erose, I can hear the Sirens calling us from Lost Creek...just sayin' :)

• I found this Informative 1

I am a big fan of "slicey" teeth. :D 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me