Pennsylvanian Find ID Help Needed

Laura Carroll

Hello all! I'm in the process of cleaning my finds from my treasure hunt yesterday in Jacksboro, Texas. I would appreciate y'alls help on this one! Any ideas? I know it's Pennsylvanian - doesn't look like anything else I found that day (variety of crinoids, corals, brachiopods, gastropods, some echinoid plates & spines, the one awesome shark tooth). I don't know what this bad boy is but it's pretty cool. It is the size of a penny. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 11.51.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 11.52.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 11.52.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 11.52.44 AM.png

Thank you guys! I was leaning toward a crinoid part BUT wasn't totally sure (I have some crinoid stems that seem like would go with). 

Very nice Laura. I've only seen a few arm bits come from there and all of mine are disarticulated discs. These don't have the radial grooves you see on the stems but the shape is distinctive. The side with the jumbled pieces is the food groove they used to transport material to the mouth. The tiny pieces are plates that covered the groove so the water vascular system could move the particles along. Sometimes the sections are one-piece and the side where yours show the two halves join at a notch they would be solid. The one-piece arm sections are wedge-shaped with the wide and thin sides alternating and the food groove makes them look like pac-man.arm plate.jpgarm plate II.jpg