CBOB

Had a few nodules pop from my winter nodule stash from pit 11 collecting.  Wondering if anyone has ideas?  Don't know if they are animals or suggestive mineral staining?

from left to right:    1.  jellyfish?      2.  worm?       3.  jellyfish?

0122171227a.jpg

0122171227b.jpg0122171227c.jpg0122171227e.jpg

Something from the plant world?  Sphenopteris?

0122171231.jpg

0122171231b.jpg0122171232.jpg

0122171231a.jpg

Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't give you any difinitive answers.  But in my opinion number one looks organic, I don't get the jelly vibe, and not sure if it's ID'able.  I think number two is a blank. Number three may be a jelly. Poorly preserved if so. My opinion it's nothing.  And I do believe you have a piece of Tully tail there.  Nice.  

Hopefully Jack or Rob come along and give you some difinitive answers. 

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

First one definitely looks like it may have been organic at some time, but has since been destroyed/compressed. Second one looks like rock to me, third one kind of does too. Not sure on the plant, but it could be a sphenopteris.

I think the plant is immature foliage. I would call it Asterophyllites.

Unfortunately, I do not think any of the other concretions are fossils. The first one may be a poorly preserved trail but it could also just be mineralization within the concretion.

5 hours ago, EMP said:

First one definitely looks like it may have been organic at some time, but has since been destroyed/compressed. Second one looks like rock to me, third one kind of does too. Not sure on the plant, but it could be a sphenopteris.

4 hours ago, RCFossils said:

I think the plant is immature foliage. I would call it Asterophyllites.

Unfortunately, I do not think any of the other concretions are fossils. The first one may be a poorly preserved trail but it could also just be mineralization within the concretion.

Thanks guys!  I too thought the set of 3 were probably just rocks but thought I would get some other opinions.  Thanks RCFossils for the plant ID.

Well, back to freeze/thawin!