Hello from arcadia fl.

Peace river rat

Hello forum, I have lived in Arcadia for 6 years. I just started collecting fossils a few months ago.

I shoulda been doing it all along. For a nOOb, I have a pretty large collection already, I have had some time off work recently and have been digging pretty much everyday for months, it takes me twenty minutes to reach the river. Glad to be a part of this forum. I have been lurking here for a while and learned the identity of a lot of my pieces. Hopefully, I will figure out how to photo my collection with my phone and upload them.

Welcome. :) 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks for the welcome fellas, I removed my informative hits as I read the purpose of them and they are not "thanks" like on other forums.

Welcome to TFF ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Hi! I was recently down in Wauchula and man was it a good day out on the peace river. Lots of shark teeth, tortoise parts, llama, mastadon and dugong. Beatiful place to search for fossils. Hope you find lots and enjoy! 

3 hours ago, lynnfiresteel said:

Hi! I was recently down in Wauchula and man was it a good day out on the peace river. Lots of shark teeth, tortoise parts, llama, mastadon and dugong. Beatiful place to search for fossils. Hope you find lots and enjoy! 

Thanks, was out in arcadia today, a great, carmalized, hemie(big) a nice antler base, and a big vert and lots o odd's n ends.

Oh, man! If I lived in Arcadia it wouldn't take me much prompting to grab my sifter and get to the river. Cut the grass? Well, maybe just a few hours of sifting before yard work. Dirty dishes in the sink? They can wait till I get back from the Peace. No clean clothes unless I do the laundry? I don't need clean clothes to hunt the Peace....

Yup. Dangerous for a fossil addict to live so close. I'm 3 hours away and that's the only thing that's kept me safe. :P

Welcome to the forum. If you've been lurking for a while, you know there is lots of good info here and a great bunch of members.

Cheers.

-Ken

Welcome to the Forum from Texas.  One of my favorite trips was to the Peace river.   I can't imagine living that close. 

7 hours ago, digit said:

Oh, man! If I lived in Arcadia it wouldn't take me much prompting to grab my sifter and get to the river. Cut the grass? Well, maybe just a few hours of sifting before yard work. Dirty dishes in the sink? They can wait till I get back from the Peace. No clean clothes unless I do the laundry? I don't need clean clothes to hunt the Peace....

Yup. Dangerous for a fossil addict to live so close. I'm 3 hours away and that's the only thing that's kept me safe. :P

Welcome to the forum. If you've been lurking for a while, you know there is lots of good info here and a great bunch of members.

Cheers.

-Ken

It's far to late for me, there is no hope. The bone bug bit me, it's terminal. It is cold today, i'm even thinking of going out, but with no waders? Sadly, I don't do cold!

Yup. Well hooked and addicted but not yet delusional so there may be some hope for you yet. I don't do cold either (been in Florida too long) but that has not always stopped me when it should.

Cheers.

-Ken

5 minutes ago, digit said:

Yup. Well hooked and addicted but not yet delusional so there may be some hope for you yet. I don't do cold either (been in Florida too long) but that has not always stopped me when it should.

Cheers.

-Ken

Going to a buddys house to see about a pair of waders !