Megaloceros giganteus antler ID help

Czacha

Hello!

I have fossil antler. Is it possible that it could be antler from Megaloceros giganteus? It is 47 cm long. 

Kind regards, 

Paweł

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It weighs 0,6 kg and it has a diameter about 6 cm.  So is it possible that it could be antler from Megaloceros giganteus?

Where was it found?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I agree with calhounensis.

Don't looks like a Megaloceros giganteus partial antler, but I think Cervus elaphus (Red Deer) could be a good candidate.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Looks too round to me, Megaloceros had antlers that were flatter, a bit like fallow deer. Another vote for red deer

I don't know how much it worth and how much you paid it, but it seems you made a good trade.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Archived