Deer Droppings?

larsbenzon

Go ahead and laugh :lol:

But seriously, this looks like fossil deer droppings... My 5 yo daughter found this in the sandy soil of our farm located in the south-western marsh land of Denmark.

Has anybody seen anything like this before? In lack of matches, I put a tooth pick to indicate the size of the fossil.

Thanx, Lars

post-229-1201364802_thumb.jpg

post-229-1201364917_thumb.jpg

post-229-1201364928_thumb.jpg

With that really poor picture quality,it is very difficult to ID something.A geological reference is needed (from where is it,what era...)aswell,so the ID will be accurate.

Try to post again your picture whith a proper camera and light; a phone won`t work, even the better one have no definition for the viewers in this space!

Nevertheless, hello,and wellcome to the forum!

I know, sorry about the quality of the photos. My camera broke down. I will try to borrow one - and will post again.

Denmark have no 'native' rocks - all chalk and 'imported' rocks from sweeden/Norway. There are many fossils here - all flint.

Truly impressed with this forum and glad I found it.

Cheers

Lars

With that really poor picture quality,it is very difficult to ID something.A geological reference is needed (from where is it,what era...)aswell,so the ID will be accurate.

Try to post again your picture whith a proper camera and light; a phone won`t work, even the better one have no definition for the viewers in this space!

Nevertheless, hello,and wellcome to the forum!

This is an example of how can apicture may be:

post-62-1201366236_thumb.jpg

Archived