Went a selling at Quartzite

RJB

The misses and I went to quartzite for a small vacation and just got back yesterday.   We also went last year and had so much fun that we decided to go again.  I have friends that have been going there every year for the last 18 years and it was great to meet up again.  I use to sell there for about 8 or 9 years but quit once I realized it was turning into a job.  I use to do 7 or 8 shows a year and went down to 0 for the last 10 years.  I did take some fossils with me.  I had a spot about 4 feet wide.  Just to keep me a busy, kinda.  I did help my buddy do quite a bit of selling, but for me, I was just there to sip wiskey, shoot the poop and have fun.  I didn't even have to try and sell the crabs I took with me.  Once people pick them up and hold them in their hands and see them close up, they sell themselves!   The crabs I sold payed for the trip and the stuff I bought and the next two trips also.  Just a neat hobbie.  I took 17 prepped out crabs with me and sold 13 of them.  Looks like the price for crabs are going to go up next year yet again!!!  I really cant believe how much I get for these.  But all in all  it was a great trip, made lots and lots of moneys and had a super good time with lots of drinks, lots of good food and lots of good times.   

DSCN0785.JPG

Oh man I love Quartzite ... last time I was there with my dad it felt like a poor man's Tuscon show mixed onto the backdrop of a Mad Max Burning Man collection of conveyances and crazy fun.  All surrounded by rockhounds and fossil nerds ?

Cheers,

B

Yeah, Quartzsite is fun.  It's like a giant flea market with a lot of rocks/fossils.  I first went around 1990.  If you can believe it, there was more of a variety of fossils then.  I went a few years ago but didn't find much.  Many dealers used to buy in Quartzsite to sell at Tucson, but if you look around, I guess you can still do that judging by your ammonite.  

Archived