Score on the river

Peace river rat

Hello forum, new member who lives in Arcadia Fl.  Went out today for a while on the peace, a very nice hemi, colorful. Two nice small (medicine?)bottles. Two, half, nice glyptodons. A decent mako, lots of odds n ends.

Was getting ready to leave, the "one more scoop" bug, hit me. Glad it did, (I use a home, welded, 1/4 inch, steel, triangle rake/basket. I shake the scoop, up pops a vert of very good size. Weight of about 4 or 5 ounces, big around as a mountain bike tire, at least two inches tall.

On a good note, the recent storm, at this point, only bought the river up about 3 or 4 inches, here, according to a marker under 70 bridge.

Will be out again tomorrow. Treasure awaits ! Happy Hunting, yall !

My cell phone camera is useless. My pal has a smart phone, I need to get a camera, either way, I plan to get my collection, up soon. It kills me not to share my collection!

pictures or it didn't happen!

:P

Cant wait sounds like a great day!

I will be there in just 7 days!

Just now, FossilDudeCO said:

pictures or it didn't happen!

:P

Cant wait sounds like a great day!

I will be there in just 7 days!

Will you dig in Arcadia?

48 minutes ago, Peace river rat said:

Will you dig in Arcadia?

Not sure yet, the place I stay is actually in Clearwater, so I have a bit of a drive any way you look at it ;) 

13 minutes ago, FossilDudeCO said:

Not sure yet, the place I stay is actually in Clearwater, so I have a bit of a drive any way you look at it ;) 

Ya can't go wrong any where on the peace...find  gravel/rocks, dig.....keep digging...

Seems like you had a lot of fun!

But as previously said, a good report needs pictures...

So next time, don't forget your camera!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

5 hours ago, JBMugu said:

I was excite to see the pictures and then I realized that there are none :(

Sorry, I don't have a decent camera, I am gonna get one soon, back out on the river again, today, lots of cool finds (I, know, no pics, no fun)

When I get a camera, and figure out how to A, how to use it, and B, how to upload to the forum, I will share an impressive collection. I cant wait, my house looks like I robbed a museum. Living two miles away from my hunting grounds is a blessing!

1 hour ago, jcbshark said:

Good luck out there!

Thanks jcbshark! I had some today. The same to you!

Heading to the river soon. I will post my finds. I will try to get some pics up soon. I know this is a very photogenic forum!

3 minutes ago, Search4 said:

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome. Looking forward to some pics!

Thanks for your reply, just got home, 3 best finds of the day, a horse tooth in great shape, two verts about 2 inches tall, intact. Many smallish shark teeth, one third of a vert that would of been 4 inches tall and about as big around as beer can, other odds n ends, as well.

Friend coming over with a smart phone tomorrow to photo my collection. Hoping to post pics soon.

• I found this Informative 1