FossilDudeCO

Slow down blake, your gunna hurt your back!  Ha!!!   Truly amazing fossils.  My favorite is the picture of the Gar in situ!  Can I ask if you guys were nervouse when lifting it out?   And the balance of two of those mulit's is outstanding!  You've got some things there that I wouldn't mind seeing every morning when I got up.  Thanks for the post.

RB

Stunning! Wonderful finds and wonderful prep. Any museum would be proud to display the gar and croc and those terrific multi plates. I'm especially fond of the branch and fish, it could hang in an art gallery. What a year!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

On Sat Jan 28 2017 at 11:55 AM, RJB said:

Slow down blake, your gunna hurt your back!  Ha!!!   Truly amazing fossils.  My favorite is the picture of the Gar in situ!  Can I ask if you guys were nervouse when lifting it out?   And the balance of two of those mulit's is outstanding!  You've got some things there that I wouldn't mind seeing every morning when I got up.  Thanks for the post.

RB

It came out very nicely in just 3 pieces!

The slab was about 2 inches thick and it took 4 of us! 

It is always a little nerve-wracking moving a nice piece, but you just have to take a moment so you don't get too excited!

22 hours ago, Pagurus said:

Stunning! Wonderful finds and wonderful prep. Any museum would be proud to display the gar and croc and those terrific multi plates. I'm especially fond of the branch and fish, it could hang in an art gallery. What a year!

I love the branch as well! It is massive though, like 8 foot by 5 foot so it will take a special place!