Brownies Beach 1/25/17

WAHAMA90

So I headed out to Brownies Beach this morning to do a little hunting. I pulled in the parking lot about 30 minutes before sunrise and was only the 8th car there. I stayed about 4 hours and rounded up 249 teeth. The biggest was a hair over 1 5/8.

20170125_144432.jpg

Is it done yet?

In any case, the finds look great so far! I especially like those (dolphin?) teeth!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

8 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Is it done yet?

In any case, the finds look great so far! I especially like those (dolphin?) teeth!

Best regards,

Max

Yes. I only stayed until the tide started getting high. I wore my hip waders on purpose so I would have to leave and not get lost in a shark tooth time warp. I didn't find the big teeth until I was on the way out. That slowed me down and almost cost me my window to leave. The water was 3 inches from getting to the top of my waders. I found those 2 teeth about 2 feet from each other. 

I almost forgot tomention that I got hit by my first chunk today. I was about 20 feet from the cliffs and it hit me in the head. Luckily I had a hood and hat on. You can see it still on the bill of the hat. 

20170125_151802.jpg

I will be out there working at the power plant starting on the 6th. Think maybe we could meet up and collect together for a day? 

I am glad you did not get seriously hurt. I love those two makos. Glad you had a good time.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Hey WAHAMA, I think I passed you on my way out today. I had the white hat on and I think you were the one who asked me about my scoop? Anyhow, looks like you had some good finds. Those Makos are nice! I found a couple small Makos on my way out. Glad you're ok after getting hit. I saw some small stuff falling but nothing too big. Nice finds!

Great finds. The colors on that tiger are awesome:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thank God that wasn't a bigger rock. Lucky! Those makos are awesome. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

20 hours ago, snakebite6769 said:

I will be out there working at the power plant starting on the 6th. Think maybe we could meet up and collect together for a day? 

Yeah that sounds good. 

18 hours ago, Ropterus said:

Hey WAHAMA, I think I passed you on my way out today. I had the white hat on and I think you were the one who asked me about my scoop? Anyhow, looks like you had some good finds. Those Makos are nice! I found a couple small Makos on my way out. Glad you're ok after getting hit. I saw some small stuff falling but nothing too big. Nice finds!

It was nice talking to you again today. I didn't find much on the way out this morning. I still ended up with the mako and the 2 cow sharks, so it wasn'ta bad day. There was about 5 pe people heading your way when I left. 

20170126_122544.jpg

2 hours ago, WAHAMA90 said:

It was nice talking to you again today. I didn't find much on the way out this morning. I still ended up with the mako and the 2 cow sharks, so it wasn'ta bad day. There was about 5 pe people heading your way when I left. 

20170126_122544.jpg

Yeah man, nice to talk to you a little bit today. In addition to that little meg I found a cow shark and 4 verts, long with the usual small teeth. That Mako is nice as are those hemis. I'll post a few pics when I get a chance. That older guy did find a broken megalodon. He said he told you he was going to find one for ya. He's a pretty cool guy. Lots of good stories too!

Archived