A recent topic has indirectly provided me the opportunity to highlight a world class collection.  A few years ago, Thomas (oilshale) was one of several members that were passionate, instructive, and extremely patient in the development of The Fossil Forum's Collections section.  As a benefit of its creation, we have been steadily and quietly exposed to his incredibly diverse collection.  High quality specimens, specimens from world-renown locations, and rare specimens are very well documented in a collection of personal finds and acquisitions.  We are honored that Thomas has chosen to share these fossils on TFF.

On rare occasions and on a purely subjective basis, Admins on TFF will award The Golden Drool Bucket.  The award has evolved to encompass 'off the charts', museum-worthy finds; a best of the best, stunning and well documented collection; or world class preparation on a world class find.  Thomas, your Collection is "stunning and well documented", "world class", "museum-worthy" and deserves the recognition of The Golden Drool Bucket.  Thank you for sharing it, and congratulations, sir! 

:SlapHands:  :default_faint::fistbump: :default_faint::SlapHands:

Golden Drool Bucket.jpg

@oilshale

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I agree.  Oilshale has shared with us a collection of almost unimaginable quality and variety, as well as allowing us to partake of his bottomless reservoir of knowledge.  He is eminently worthy of this recognition.

Don

I go along with this wholeheartedly. I never cease to be amazed at the stunning quality of his seemingly unendless collection and the professionalism with which he presents it. Congratulations, Thomas! You really deserve this!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Congratulations for recieving this highly esteemed award!:yay-smiley-1:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Congratulations Thomas!

Stunning finds and your willingness to share them with the forum is most appreciated!

Thomas, 

Congratulations!

Your collection is totally worthy of the Golden Drool Bucket Award. 

Thank you for showcasing this World Class Collection here on our Forum. 
I can only imagine the stories you must have of the personal collecting experiences you have had.

Congratulations, once again.

Best regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Add my voice. I don't know how anybody manages to put together that kind of collection. From where I sit it's pretty difficult.

Congrats on a well-deserved award!

Any one of his fossil are a dream to have in any collection!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Congratulations, Thomas...a well deserved award for an unparalleled collection. We are fortunate that you choose to share it here, for all of us to learn from. Thank you, sir.

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

Congrats for this marvelous collection and to share it with us !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations Thomas for this award and thank you very much for sharing your very impressive collection. 

With all the A-Grade post that Thomas has done for so long, I too congratulate him.  Way to go Thomas.  Woooooop!!!  Woooooop!!!  :)

RB

Well done and certainly well deserved, Congrats!:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 11:58 PM, JohnJ said:

A recent topic has indirectly provided me the opportunity to highlight a world class collection.  A few years ago, Thomas (oilshale) was one of several members that were passionate, instructive, and extremely patient in the development of The Fossil Forum's Collections section.  As a benefit of its creation, we have been steadily and quietly exposed to his incredibly diverse collection.  High quality specimens, specimens from world-renown locations, and rare specimens are very well documented in a collection of personal finds and acquisitions.  We are honored that Thomas has chosen to share these fossils on TFF.

On rare occasions and on a purely subjective basis, Admins on TFF will award The Golden Drool Bucket.  The award has evolved to encompass 'off the charts', museum-worthy finds; a best of the best, stunning and well documented collection; or world class preparation on a world class find.  Thomas, your Collection is "stunning and well documented", "world class", "museum-worthy" and deserves the recognition of The Golden Drool Bucket.  Thank you for sharing it, and congratulations, sir!  :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:  :faint::fistbump::faint::1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Golden Drool Bucket.jpg

@oilshale

Oops, I did not see this and don't really know what to say... :blush:

I am currently on vacation on Phú Quốc, a small island in Viet-Nam (perfect place: almost no internet connection, no phone calls and lots of nice places for snorkeling and scuba diving). I fled from Shanghai since I did not want to risk a heavy metal poisoning during the Chinese New Year festivities. :P

Thanks my friends for the compliments - even though I think it is not deserved.:blush:

My grandfather started to collect fossils, my father took over and now I am collecting fossils for over 40 years (my grand father was born in 1851 - so roughly 130+ years of fossil collecting all together). But my collection is now in a terrible state - most of it is mothballed in crates and boxes at a moving company in Germany. Here in Shanghai, I do only have a hard drive with pictures available and some stuff from China which is only on "temporary loan from the government" till I leave the country (I guess most of it will go to the Nanjing Institute).

Now the new TFF "Collections" is an excellent opportunity for me to keep me busy without having my fossils at hand, to (virtual) archive and document specimens in my collection and to share fossils with the amateur and professional paleontology communities.

Thanks JohnJ for the honor of awarding me the Golden Drool Bucket and to Cris and all the other admins for this new feature, for collections. I really love it!

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Glad to finally hear from you Thomas. I was wondering where you were at. Sounds like an ideal spot for a bit of peace and quiet. Now don't you be so modest. You have a world-class collection which certainly deserves honorable mention.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Archived