Used digital microscopes for trade

sdsnl

Just cleaning storage and found 2 digital microscopes for trade. I would like to broaden my knowledge and will consider any fossil or extant material, or other items related to nature. Please PM me your offers :)

#1:

1.jpg

It works very well, the focus ring is smooth, so focusing is easy and takes little time. However, it's resolution is not ideal, at just 640x480 pixels, or 0.3MP.

The closer you put the lens to an object, the bigger the magnification will be. Lift the microscope higher and the magnification will be lower, and you will be able to fit more things in the picture. If you let it touch the table, the field of view is about 12.5mm. This is almost the highest magnification, but if you fit something inside the cone to place your microfossil on, it will get even closer to the lens, so the field of view will be smaller and the magnification will be higher.

For example, here is a picture taken by the microscope of a 2mm foram, with the foram on the table and the cone touching the table:

20170127065130.jpg

And here is the same foram elevated inside the cone:

20170127064612.jpg

#2:

2.jpg

This one has a much higer magnification and the field of view with the microscope touching the table is only 3mm. The highest resolution is 1600x1200 pixels, or 1.92MP.

Here is a picture of a mosquito's compound eye and antenna:

reyaueu.jpg

And the end of a moth's wing:

ytie.jpg

The focus ring is mostly smooth, but at a couple spots it is a little stuck, so focusing takes longer. The lens also has some tiny dirty spots which are sometimes visible when the background color is light. They don't affect the photos much but can be annoying to some. You may be able to spot them in this photo (the spot on the insect's abdomen is not it, it just has a dirty belly :P):

jlsrt.jpg

I would be interested in them. As far as fossils go, I have a lot of middle Devonian material. Is there anything in particular you are looking for, or even a rough dollar value that you would like to even out around? Shoot me a message if you'd like. I'd be happy to work something out, just don't know what would be worth it to you!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

3 hours ago, DevonianDigger said:

I would be interested in them. As far as fossils go, I have a lot of middle Devonian material. Is there anything in particular you are looking for, or even a rough dollar value that you would like to even out around? Shoot me a message if you'd like. I'd be happy to work something out, just don't know what would be worth it to you!

Nothing in particular, I don't want to limit the options :). Not looking for much in return, I just don't want to waste them, so I'd be happy as long as the trade is worth the postage. You can pick something small and light, USPS first class postage to my country is $13.75 for up to 8oz (0.5 pounds).

2 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Shoot, I didn't notice that you were in HK. What types of plugs do they have?

They plug into the computer using USB ;)

2 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Oh awesome! I figured they must, but I wanted to double-check to be sure. I could probably hook you up with a few neat Devonian and Ordovician pieces if you'd be game for that!

I just got an offer for #1, is #2 fine for you?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, sdsnl said:

#2 is still available if anyone else is interested

I am but at work right now. I will pm later.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Fyi I changed my mind so the microscope is still available. 

Dave

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Archived