Another foot bone? patella?

Plantguy

More questions gang...So I picked up this specimen about a year and half ago and had set it aside and was just going thru Frank Kocsis Jr.'s Vertebrate Fossils: A Neophyte's Guide looking for turtle pictures this week. In flipping thru the photos looking for turtles pictures I saw his shot of a Rhino patella and went Oh, I think I got something similar--anyone else have these weird kinds of flashbacks?? So I found it and set it on the page next to the photo and it coincidentally has the same dimensions and general look. About 2 1/2" square and a little over 1 inch thick. So then I looked at some more carpal and tarsals bones and went well I'm definitely not sure and as I have no experience and it has it has enough dings and apparent damage along with some borings but strangely it has some apparent pores around the edges. I then looked for another photo of an anterior and posterior view of a Rhino patella and found a May 2013 thesis A New Species of Teleoceras from the Late Miocene Gray Fossil Site, with Comparisons to Other North American Hemphillian Species, East Tennessee State University and it shows a couple grooves/convexities and my specimen has a groove also. So I'm still not any smarter and hoping the photos will allow someone to say yep another unknown worn bone or maybe something identifiable...thanks all for the looks and any replies. 

Unknown bone possible patella.jpgUnknown bone possible patella comparison to Teloceras.jpgPatella from A New Species of Teleoceras from the Late Miocene Gray Fossil Site...Rachel A. Short thesis May 2013.jpgUnknown posterior showing convexity.jpgSide view showing curvaturec.jpgSide view showing curvature.jpgUnknown bone possible patella thickness.jpg

Regards, Chris 

Unknown posterior showing convexitya.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

5 hours ago, jpc said:

just to be grammar/technical police... your "convex" is actually concave. :) 

Thanks JP good catch, appreciate it!..Oops, I sure wasnt thinking when I incorrectly borrowed the term from Rachel Short's article/photo and misused it. another uggh on my part but a good relearning exercise! Thank you sir!

Regards, Chris 

Convexity and concavity comparison correction.jpg

Side view showing curvatured.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

6 hours ago, Harry Pristis said:

For comparison:

patella_menoceras.JPG

Harry, thanks as always! Your examples and photos still boggle my simple mind! Appreciate the help from you all! Regards, Chris