Found lobster concretion while at Quartzite

RJB

While at the Quartzite show last week I ran into a guy who had a box of lobster concretions.   At first I was super excited, then realized all the super bad luck ive had with these things in the very near past.  We kept a talking and he realized that I wasn't that interested.  I also realized he didn't want them.  So,,, we made a deal.   The deal is that I prep out the best ones, I get first pick and he ends up with whatever is next in line.  I told him to give me at least a year and he was happy with that.  Looks like I just may get me a good fossil lobster?   I went through his box of 11 concretions and they began to drop like fly's!  I told this guy that would happen.   These 3 that look to have good possibilities all have issues, but just for the chance to get a good lobster is truly a good deal for me. 

RB

Mikes001A.JPG

Mikes001B.JPG

Hi piece river rat.  Ive prepped out litteraly hundreds and hundreds of crabs from all over the place, but these lobsters are truly the most difficult to prep, but also the most fun.  I guess its the challenge.  But yeah, lots and lots of hours of rock removal and lots of lots of carefully getting around all the legs and claws and such.  There is more to it than that with the one that is hollow witch will be a real challenge, but you just have to work with what mother nature gives you.  Once I get these going I may do one of those 'start to finish' threads. 

RB

Neat, I will follow your progress, have fun and good luck. The down side to digging fossils out of the peace, is some can be really beat up, never had to dig one outta rock yet.

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Once I get these going I may do one of those 'start to finish' threads. 

RB

That would be great, Ron. Now don't forget, hear?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

ok guys. I will do it, but it may take a bit of time before I get started.  I have to finish up a crab for a friend first.  if only I had more time? 

RB