Fossil stands?

RJB

I went onto Ebay to try and find some 'moon stands'.   For the life of me and cant remember what they are called but there is a kind of fossil stand that is shaped kinda like a moon shape where you can put in an ammonite and screw the bottom and top to hold it?  Im not sure if im making any sence?  Anyone know what the heck im talking about.  Here is a picture that ive drawn to give you an idea.  Not the best drawing, but I drew a little ammonite in the middle that is being held in this stand thingy.  Thanks

RB

DSCN0795.JPG

I have seen that type of stand before. But I have no idea where or what they are called. So I can't help you, sorry.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

A caliper stand.  I think that's it.  You are now bestest friend ever Fossil Claw!  Thanks so much

RB

Look up a barryaclarke on our favorite auction site. He's got a good selection of these stands and various others.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

You can get these caliper stands in various sizes.

Small to XXXLarge.

Here is a link to see the various sizes.

The site is a little difficult to navigate.

Use the Left Side bar menu and select "Displays"

Here is the LINK

Here's another site offering various sizes  LINK

Flash from the Past (Show Us Your Fossils)
MAPS Fossil Show

I had no idea there were so many different sizes of these things.  I did order two of the smaller ones but I can find any black colored ones.  They are all brass, gold plate or chrome.

RB

Archived