Any ideas?

Peace river rat

It would help if You separate the items and picture each item by itself. Multiple views also helps.

Front back and both (or more) sides when possible. And maybe some closeups of any distinguishing features.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I will try again tomorrow, I have no camera, my friend comes over with his phone and emails the pics to my laptop. I think the vert with the large process is from a bison?

My last pic, above the big shark tooth, think it is an inner ear bone from a whale? Is the shark tooth great white? I don't know why my first pics were not as good as the last one I posted, same phone:(

I don't see any serrations on the shark tooth in this picture, so I would go with mako (C. hastalis) :) Nice find!

Looks like you're right with inner ear bone from a whale!

13 minutes ago, Peace river rat said:

My last pic, above the big shark tooth, think it is an inner ear bone from a whale?

It does look like a bullia.

One of the 2 ear bones from cetaceans.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Thanks fellas the tooth measures two inches and the tip is broke. The root of the tooth is exactly 1 1/2 inches across.

Just now, Peace river rat said:

Thanks fellas the tooth measures two inches and the tip is broke. The root of the tooth is exactly 1 1/2 inches across.

Actually, I was wrong, that is not the tooth I described in the pic, but is does lack serrations as well.

The top picture appears to show four cetacean vertebrae (without the large process). The other bone looks like a phalanx - but from what - I don't know.

Amazes me the variety of creatures you find in this river!

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

The top picture appears to show four cetacean vertebrae (without the large process). The other bone looks like a phalanx - but from what - I don't know.

Amazes me the variety of creatures you find in this river!

Thanks Doctor Mud, the phalanx appears to match a life size photo in a fossil book I have as bison. The vert with the really long process appears to match bison perfectly from a photo of a modern skeleton. You never what will pop up next in the peace!

Center- lower part  of your forth image looks to be a mammoth tooth plate, next to it at right seems to be a Glyptodon scute plate, a little bit up - stingray barb fragments.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

40 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

Center- lower part  of your forth image looks to be a mammoth tooth plate, next to it at right seems to be a Glyptodon scute plate, a little bit up - stingray barb fragments.

Also present, some drum teeth and the grazing mammal tooth, I ,believe is a camel. Looks a lot like a deer, only larger. Can't wait to get some better pics up. Thanks guys.

42 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

What do you think of the vert in the first and second images with the long vertical process? It looks exactly like one I saw on a modern bison skeleton, where the hump on the back is formed.

The molar looks like a Palaeolama mirifica upper molar in occlusal view, if not presents isolated stylid, and the crown length might be around 1 in.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

1 hour ago, Peace river rat said:

What do you think of the vert in the first and second images with the long vertical process? It looks exactly like one I saw on a modern bison skeleton, where the hump on the back is formed.

Certainly does,

Heres a site with a 3D bison skeleton for reference:

http://www.uwyo.edu/reallearning/bisonindex.html

I'm curious about the small toe bone. Try to get some better pics of both ends. Looks like it could be something cool!

7 minutes ago, garyc said:

I'm curious about the small toe bone. Try to get some better pics of both ends. Looks like it could be something cool!

That's what I was thinking, hoping for bear or cat ! It may be a day or two until I have acsess to a camera again. Will do asap.

35 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

image.jpeg

Bison Thoracic verts for reference.

Funny thing is, it seems kinda light weight and not quite fossilized. I wonder when bison last roamed Fl.? Thanks for posting the diagram!

T

16 minutes ago, Harry Pristis said:

The lack of mineralization suggests that the vertebra is from a cow.

The vertical process is 8 inches from the top of the vert. The only cow I could think of is a brahma?

Do regular cattle have processes that tall?