Is It A Crinoid Print?

MOROPUS

This is a really strange fossil print, it has been puzzling me for 2 years.Is it a crinoid crown (head?).It comes from the Devonic of the Pyrinee Mountains,Spain.Thanks in advance.

post-62-1201366777_thumb.jpg The print is up the trilo pigidium.

post-62-1201366748_thumb.jpgpost-62-1201366712_thumb.jpg

The holes are definately fossils and one top left (pic 1) is hexagonal, this is usually indicative of echinoid rather than crinoid as they are generally pentagonal. But at the bottom I am pretty sure you have a trilobite impression. In the 3rd pic next to the trilobite I can make out a circular disk with a 5 sides star, this could be a crinoid section. Overall a very intersting specimen with these associations of different fossils.

The holes are definately fossils and one top left (pic 1) is hexagonal, this is usually indicative of echinoid rather than crinoid as they are generally pentagonal. But at the bottom I am pretty sure you have a trilobite impression. In the 3rd pic next to the trilobite I can make out a circular disk with a 5 sides star, this could be a crinoid section. Overall a very intersting specimen with these associations of different fossils.

Thanks for the answer!

Nevertheless, the strange thing for me is the irregular print that on the first picture is right on top of the Odontochile pigidium, and right to the crinoid stem.It had two strange linear "cuts", and a kind of tuberculated surface (you can see this in detail in the second pic). Perhaps Solius Simbiosium can give us a hand...

Guest N.AL.hunter

This unknown has got me, so I copied the pic and will look through the treatise to try and ID it. In my opinion the two linear cuts are not from the same thing. They seem to interfere with the symmetry. What's more striking are the two equally spaced "bumps" or "intrusions". I'll look a little later and let you know if I find anything. Might take me a couple of days.

This is a really strange fossil print, it has been puzzling me for 2 years.Is it a crinoid crown (head?).It comes from the Devonic of the Pyrinee Mountains,Spain.Thanks in advance.

post-62-1201366777_thumb.jpg The print is up the trilo pigidium.

post-62-1201366748_thumb.jpgpost-62-1201366712_thumb.jpg

it's the internal mold of a crinoid head. We find those in the Midwest in the cherts of the Mississippian Burlington Fm.

Guest N.AL.hunter

I believe that it could be the external mold of a crinoid or some form of homalozoan or stylophora. It is too vague/incomplete to ID for sure. There does appear to be two partial impressions of plates which give me the idea it is an echinodermata of some sort.