Aurora Fossil Id

sweeneyb

I found these in the pile today and not sure what they are. The smallest tooth which is on my finger is all intact. So there are two teeth and one piece of bone.

post-502-1245370269_thumb.jpg

post-502-1245370298_thumb.jpg

post-502-1245370341_thumb.jpg

post-502-1245370356_thumb.jpg

post-502-1245370397_thumb.jpg

I believe the "piece of bone" may be a gar scale. Looks to be the right shape and size.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

The small one on your fingertip looks like it may be a lower jaw symphyseal tooth from a tiger shark. The first thing that popped into my mind regarding the first tooth was Carcharoides catticus with the cusps missing. Does it seem that there may have been cusps at one time?

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

The small one on your fingertip looks like it may be a lower jaw symphyseal tooth from a tiger shark. The first thing that popped into my mind regarding the first tooth was Carcharoides catticus with the cusps missing. Does it seem that there may have been cusps at one time?

I just took a look at the tooth and it doesnt appear to have had any cusps on it.