NSR 01-29-17 Girlfriend Edition

Jakuzi

Convinced my girlfriend that Sunday would best be spent crawling around in the mud looking for fossils instead of brunch and mamosas on Lower Greenville.  Turns out she's a champ.  Logging a solid 7 hours on the NSR and schooling me on how to find Mos vert.  We arrived about 8 a.m. and met up with @David E. .  Who also proceeded to school me on finding Mos vert and how to properly pronounce several words/names.  Thanks Dave!  You are truly a gentleman and a scholar.

Weather was great.  The mud really wasn't to bad compared to the last few times I've been out there.  We had some interesting finds including what I believe is my first mastodon enamel, a plasiosaur vert, and what I think maybe part of a globidens mosasaur tooth.  The 2 big Mos verts and big fish vert bottom right were found by my girlfriend along with the fat bison/cow tooth.

Let me know if any of you would like close ups of anything.

IMG_4832.JPG

Yall piled up some rare goodies.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Had a lot of fun today!  Those finds cleaned up really nice.  That tooth crown is awesome too.  After yesterdays success, not being able to hunt for 2 weeks is really gonna suck.

Globidens partial tooth and Plesiosaur vert are both rare finds for NSR. Congrats on a great day. I'll be hitting it hard next week.

9 hours ago, darctooth said:

It is nice to have a good partner!

You're not kidding.  I'm lucky to have someone who not only encourages me but joins me on long extended backpacking trips and canoe trips with never a complaint.  The fossil hunting is new thing and I'm happy that she took to it finding some good stuff.  Fishing is the only thing that puts her off a little(but not that much).

On 1/30/2017 at 5:36 AM, JarrodB said:

Globidens partial tooth and Plesiosaur vert are both rare finds for NSR. Congrats on a great day. I'll be hitting it hard next week.

I have hunted the Sulphur for over 30 years and have found only 4 Globidens teeth. Great find, thanks for sharing.

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

15 minutes ago, Foshunter said:

I have hunted the Sulphur for over 30 years and have found only 4 Globidens teeth. Great find, thanks for sharing.

I've only got one and it's not even one of the round ones, but rather one of the smaller ones that is barely round.  Great find indeed!

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!