RJB

I acquired some lobster concretions while in Quartzite and was asked to show the prep process, so here goes.  I picked out what I thought was the best 3 and tossed the others aside.  This is # 1.  This one was already in 4 pieces and I had to take it to the sink and give the pieces a good washing and then let them dry before I could do the 'glue up'.  This one will take two 'glue up' sessions before I can actually go on the prep attack.  Im going to do all 3 at the same time cause there will be times that I have to 'fix,' 'glue', put back together or whatever and its nice to have another specimen to work on while the other/s are drying or whatever.   Doing 3 at a time is going to take quite a bit of time and I will do my best to go from start to finish, but if one or more gets to be not worth my time I will just call it finished and toss it aside.  Going to be interesting.  Going to be exciting if I can get one to work out?

RB

#1A.JPG

Ok, here is #1 with some hours of rock removal.  You can see the back of the lobster starting to come through but its making a slight, weird left hand twist?   Hmmmm, makes me wonder.  Some claw in front but the big claw may be missing the movable finger?   Always problems with these darn things.

RB

#1C.JPG

Thanks for sharing the process Ron.

Sure looks like a tough one.

Im sure you will transform it into a thing of beauty.

Ok, done quite a bit more prep work on this and even though its got problems, its coming along.  Gots me a few more hours to finish this up though. 

RB

#1F.JPG

• 2 weeks later...