RJB

I acquired some lobster concretions while in Quartzite and was asked to show the prep process, so here goes.  I picked out what I thought was the best 3 and tossed the others aside.  This is # 3.  This has a very nice tail end but appears to be very flat/crushed otherwise.  As long as its there and complete it can still end up being a very good specimen?  Doing 3 lobsters at the same time is going to take quite a bit of time but as long as 1 or 2 and even 3 work out, it will a ton of exciting fun for me.  We'll see.  All this could take upwards of 120 hours if things to work out? 

#3A.JPG

#3 lobster is very low in the rock and lots and lots of rock removal to get to the dang thing.   Some very nasty calcite on the back end so far and even the big right claw is crushed!  Dang!  Still lots of work to do on this and im still hoping there is a little left claw pincers?  Nice long piece of left antenna though.

RB

#3B.JPG

@RJB you're brave or crazy tackling 3 at once. I prefer to describe myself as brave in these scenarios so we will go with that!

Great progress in some not so friendly fossils. Somebody needs to talk to the guy in charge about the quality of stuff we have to work on.:P

Keep up the good work.

Ok. done enough work on #3 and have decided to give up on it and put it aside.  Just too much work for this one being that it has too many problems.  Good by #3.

RB

15 hours ago, RJB said:

Ok. done enough work on #3 and have decided to give up on it and put it aside.  Just too much work for this one being that it has too many problems.  Good by #3.

RB

:( That's a frustrating feeling for sure.

Yeah,  a bit frustrating but was glad to toss it aside at the same time.  This is one of those fossils that the more prep work you do, the worse it gets.  Happens

RB

Archived