Mosasaur Jaw Fake?

Seguidora-de-Isis

Good morning to everyone! Sorry my poor English ... Please like to hear from you. This my Mosasaur Jaw Bone Fossil is real? Thanks to everyone who can help me. :)

9100614801.png

6411062202.png

3842047903.png

6929259804.png

3403951605.png

7081722006.png

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Real. Quite possibly with no restoration whatsoever. I see good bone material in the jaw and teeth, the telltale signs of pitting on the jaw, and quite abit of damage which is a good sign.

It's interesting though. I rarely see this type of matrix on mosasaur jaw, but don't worry it's genuine.

• I found this Informative 5

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

1 hour ago, -Andy- said:

Real. Muito possivelmente, sem restauração alguma. Eu vejo um bom material ósseo na mandíbula e dentes, os sinais indicadores de picada na mandíbula, e bastante um pouco de dano que é um bom sinal.

É interessante embora. Eu raramente ver este tipo de matriz na mandíbula mosasaur, mas não se preocupe, é genuína.

Thank you, my friend Andy. Huge hug! :-)

03.PNG

Rough prep indeed. But yes. Looks completely real. It seems to have undergone some damage both before fossilisation and during prepping.

All the joins between the tooth crowns and roots look completely natural. Teeth often get composited in to take the place of missing teeth but I don't see any signs of funny business here.

Judging from the teeth it looks like Prognathodon. Based on the shape of the jaw bone this looks like the front of a left maxilla (upper jaw). So in the photos it's upside down right now(right side on the photos being the front of the animal). That dent in the bone that's shown on the bottom of the photos is part of the nostril opening, the nares.

I also think prepping this further will probably make it a little prettier as well as reveal a little more of the remaining teeth.

• I found this Informative 4

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

1 hour ago, LordTrilobite said:

prep áspera, de fato. Mas sim. Parece completamente real. Ele parece ter sofrido algum dano, tanto antes fossilisation e durante preparando.

Todas as junções entre as coroas dos dentes e raízes olhar completamente natural. Dentes muitas vezes são compostos em tomar o lugar dos dentes perdidos, mas eu não vejo quaisquer sinais de negócio engraçado aqui.

A julgar pelos dentes que se parece com Prognathodon. Com base na forma do osso do maxilar, esta parece a frente de uma maxila da esquerda (maxila superior). Então nas fotos é de cabeça para baixo agora (lado direito sobre as fotos que são a frente do animal). Isso dente no osso que é mostrado na parte inferior das fotos é parte da entrada da narina, as narinas.

Eu também acho preparando mais este provavelmente irá torná-lo um pouco mais bonita, bem como revelar um pouco mais dos dentes remanescentes.

Hello my friend LordTrilobite. Good afternoon! I was very happy with your clarifications. But I did not understand the part of the nostrils. Could you please circle the picture, or some other indicator? I can not find it. Thank you and hugs! :-)

03.PNG

Instead of trying to describe it. I just made a rough drawing of what you have. Hopefully this is clear enough.

prognathodon_maxilla.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

29 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Em vez de tentar descrevê-lo. Eu só fiz um desenho áspero do que você tem. Esperemos que este é suficientemente clara.

prognathodon_maxilla.jpg

I was very moved to see your drawing my friend LordTrilobite... Thank you very much! Now I can see clearly. The seller told me it's a Mosasaurus anceps, what do you think? Once again thank you. Hugs!

03.PNG

Mosasaurus anceps is a name sellers often use but it's not really correct. This is definitely Prognathodon. The species is harder to know so it's probably best to label it as Prognathodon sp. for the time being.

• I found this Informative 1

11 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

anceps Mosasaurus é um nome vendedores costumam usar, mas não é realmente correto. Este é definitivamente Prognathodon. A espécie é mais difícil saber por isso é provavelmente melhor para rotulá-la como Prognathodon sp. por ora.

And let's play ... Nothing serious, just a joke ... If it was for the friend to think of a particular species looking at this jaw, what do you think? Of course, just conjecture, nothing serious.  Once again thank you. Hugs!

03.PNG

16 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

Instead of trying to describe it. I just made a rough drawing of what you have. Hopefully this is clear enough.

prognathodon_maxilla.jpg

A "rough drawing"...:rofl:

Rough maybe, but the morphology is incredible! You're an artist!

I wonder what your not rough drawings look like.

And for your jaw @SEGUIDORA-DE-ISIS , I agree, it looks real ;)

Best regards to all,

Max

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

19 horas atrás, Max-fósseis disse:

A "Desenho Aspero" ...: Rofl:

Áspera, TALVEZ, mas a morfologia E Incrível! Rápido Você é hum artista!

Gostaria de saber o Que SEUS Desenhos NÃO ásperas Parecer.

E parágrafo um SUA mandíbula @ SEGUIDORA-DE-ISIS , eu concordo, Que Parece verdadeira ;)

Melhores Cumprimentos a todos,

Max

I agree, my friend Max! Our friend LordTrilobite is an artist! I cried with emotion when I saw his drawing. Now I can say that I have a fossil of unquestionable authenticity and scientific value ... My eternal gratitude, my friend LordTrilobite! :trilowalk:

03.PNG