Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to Beaufort, SC. Recently moved up from FL where I hunted Peace River a lot. I'm hoping to connect with other fossil hunters in the area and maybe gain some local knowledge. I've watched a ton of videos of nice megalodon teeth being found in Summerville/Charleston area land sites, creeks, ditches. What I'm looking for is the possibility of similar sites here in Beaufort County but I don't know enough about local formations to draw any conclusions. I'm not a diver yet so my main focus is on land at the moment. I've hunted the sands at Port Royal with minimal success (the occasional small meg) but I'm really looking for the bigger stuff. I also have a kayak if that helps! Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum from New York! Sorry I can't help with info as I am not familiar with the area. But there are plenty of members who are.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I hunt pretty often along the banks and beaches of the Wando, Cooper, Ashley and Stono rivers around Charleston. I recommend looking on google earth for signs of dredge deposits along the banks and hunt the beaches adjacent to these spoil piles.

2 hours ago, Sharks of SC said:

I hunt pretty often along the banks and beaches of the Wando, Cooper, Ashley and Stono rivers around Charleston. I recommend looking on google earth for signs of dredge deposits along the banks and hunt the beaches adjacent to these spoil piles.

Thanks! I'll see if I can locate any.