Purse State Park 2/1/17

RCW3D

I met up with Boneheadz to do a hunt together at Purse and I'm glad that we did, nice to have a fellow tooth nut along for the hunt. Great day to be on the river too, pretty warm and the Potomac was extremely calm. We got to the river about 2 hours after high tide and headed out. We both went further downriver than we had ever gone before, scanning the beach and poking around the newly fallen matrix. I can't say it was a banner day for finds but as usual, the finds were consistent. After three hours of searching, we left the river with the tide still an hour away from being low...always next time!

Here are my finds, Boneheadz will post on here later with his finds.

My total haul.

1.jpg

A first for me, a piece of matrix with a tooth in it.

2.jpg

Otodus, too bad the biggest one was damaged.

3.jpg

On the way back, I looked out over the marsh and spied an eagle's nest. I love seeing the eagles along the river. 

5.jpg

Rob :D

It was a really nice day today! It was great meeting up with you RCW3D, and I must admit I was defeated by your finds today, you can really clean up! haha I didn't find anything exciting today but I did find a good amount to add to my jars that i fill up. Not sure if this little vert is a shark vert or fish vert, if anyone could help identify what its from that'd be awesome. Hit me up anytime to go hunting RCW3D, I had a good time.

Boneheadz

Finds.JPG

Scene.JPG

vert?.JPG

Nice Finds, I love the sand tigers.  It is always a good day hunting with a friend,  Thanks for sharing SS

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

On February 2, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Ropterus said:

Nice finds guys! I too have an invitation from Boneheadz to meet up and do a little hunting. Hopefully soon!

Anytime Ropterus

Archived