Member of the Month for February 2017 - -Andy-

Fossildude19

Time flies! It's a new month, ... which means the passing on of the Member of the Month Award. 

This month's winner, by unanimous staff agreement, is ... 

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:      -ANDY-     :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Since January of 2011, Andy has brought us images of the museum quality specimens  in his collection, which is continually growing.

(Not an easy task, when you consider he lives in Singapore.  :trilosurprise: ) 

Not only does he share his wonderful collection here on the Forum, but also contributes to discussions which educate about fake and restored fossils, among his many other fossil interests.  He is also active in his local fossil enthusiasts club. 

@-Andy-, thanks for being a great contributor to this Forum!  

Congratulations, Andy! :D

Would you care to discuss the beginings of your fossil background with us? 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• Fossildude19 featured this topic

Congrats, Andy!

Another great member that makes this forum such a great source of images and information.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thank you Tim! Wow, this is such an honor. Thank you everyone! A big, BIG thank you to the mods for managing this amazing forum, and to the members here for being so patient and helpful all the time (especially you @Troodon)

I've always loved dinosaurs as a kid, and my interest never waned even in adulthood. It wasn't until 2010 that I bought my first fossils(Calymene trilobite and Spinosaurus tooth) from Kinokuniya of all places! Before, I'd assumed fossils were only accessible to museums. I went to various Singapore forums and found a fellow collector(Calvin Chu). We discussed so much, and he decided to start the Singapore Fossils Collectors FB group. One of the members introduced me to TFF, and from then on it's been an amazing ride meeting up with other collectors, trading, and discussing about fossils.

Years later, we got a gig at a school to give a dinosaur lecture to students. I enjoyed it tremendously. From then on, we go to schools/museums/libraries several times a year to give talks on paleontology, dinosaur, geology and even environmental conservation(sharks have been here for 420 million years, we don't wanna be the ones to wipe them out do we, kids?) Through this, I also pursued my writing interest and managed to publish two dinosaur storybooks with a third one on its way.

This interest of mine is here to stay(thank goodness for an understanding girlfriend). TFF has done so much for me, in more than just fossil knowledge. My impatience and poor judgement had gotten me into trouble with the mods before, and that lesson taught me a great deal about social and forum etiquette. I look forward to sharing more of my collection as well as educating others on fakes.

Thanks again for this!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Well done Andy!

This does not surprise me as you have well and truely deserved this honour. I have enjoyed your many insightful and informative posts.

Congrats Andy and thanks for all you do:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congratulations, Andy! Well deserved! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thanks Andy for all you do to make this forum as good as it gets.  Your expertise and fabulous collection adds tremendous value. :yay-smiley-1:I like the fireworks .. Shellseeker

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Hi,

congrats Andy ! Good choice !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations Andy!  I have certainly benefited from the knowledge you have so kindly shared.

Nice going Andy, as a fellow Dino nut I really appreciate your knowledgeable contributions and tips on all things Mesozoic and your diverse fossil collection is a real inspiration!

Archived