Please don't be human

Benjaminpb

Hey everyone! I was looking for fossils again with two of my kids and we came across a few bones scattered across the creek bank.

I'm seriously hoping this is NOT a human arm bone. It's obviously not a fossil.

Thoughts? Should I call the cops? Should I just chillax? Also, am I a weirdo for picking it up and rolling it up in my sweatshirt?

IMG_2493.JPG

Deer tibia sounds like a good match. 

See THIS WEBSITE

nonhuman (1).jpg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Very light in color. End views of the bone might help in the ID, although, I think Olof could be right, in his thought.

Tibia 1.jpgTibia 1_text.jpgTibia 2.jpgTibia 2_text.jpg

excerpt from Atlas of Animal Bones. For Prehistorians, Archaeologists and Quaternary Geologists - Elisabeth Schmid; Elsevier, New York, 1972.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

If you google human tibia, you will get an answer to your original fear from the interwebs.  Looks animal tome, but I am not human anatomist.

More pictures of all sides, including the top and bottom end views, will help answer this quickly. I'm leaning toward deer right now.

You're definitely not a weirdo for picking it up. Although I would say if you  ever come across bones that you are certain are human and are not fossilized it would be best to call authorities to see if they need to investigate .

• I found this Informative 3