San Antonio Area

annakw

I am going to San Antonio, TX for my Honeymoon in July. I am hoping maybe that are some public places I could explore in the area, or nearby for fossils, and interesting rocks. If you know of something please let me know here, or through messaging!

San Antonio in July!

Gonna be rather warm!

Hummmm pic rocks or do some rockin with spouse...

What a choice....

I will reserve further comment.

Jess B.

• I found this Informative 1

That is Uncle Siphuncle's stomping grounds and if he hasn't PM'd you yet I would be surprised.  But what I can tell you is if you go north and west from SA into the Hill Country all you need to do is stop at road cuts until you find fossils. The Glen Rose Formation makes up most of that terrain and it has many productive layers. Some will be barren and you just need to stop and look and keepgoing until you find a good spot or two.

I'm from Oklahoma so the heat is no big deal to me, we are used to it. I'm just looking for some day time activities to do that won't cost us much if anything!

Mostly a game of echinoids, bivalves and gastropods from the Glen Rose fm as Erich mentioned.  Here's a lil sumpin' I threw together to help people self-guide in the San Antonio area.  

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/52308-a-comprehensive-guide-to-the-cretaceous-strata-of-the-greater-san-antonio-area-how-to-read-the-rocks/#comment-561971

• I found this Informative 4

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."