Got me a Stand for an ammonite

RJB

I ordered a couple of caliper stands and one is for this little beauty!  This is Hoploscaphites nicoletti.   One of the best I have.  I now wish I could find a caliper stand that is black in color.  I think the shiny brass takes away from the specimen?  Also, I just wish you could see the real color this has.  The picture doesn't do it justice. 

RB

DSCN0806.JPG

I think the color of the stand is irrelevant, the ammonite speaks for itself!! It says "Look at Me, aren't I pretty".

Nice!!

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

On 2/4/2017 at 5:51 PM, RJB said:

I ordered a couple of caliper stands and one is for this little beauty!  This is Hoploscaphites nicoletti.   One of the best I have.  I now wish I could find a caliper stand that is black in color.  I think the shiny brass takes away from the specimen?  Also, I just wish you could see the real color this has.  The picture doesn't do it justice. 

RB

DSCN0806.JPG

Rough it up with some 350 grit sandpaper and give it a paint job. 4 or 5 VERY thin coats of black spray paint will do the trick for you.

Hey Kris, I did think of that, but not looking for another project, no mater how small it is.  Just way to much to do right now.  But thanks.

RB

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Hey Kris, I did think of that, but not looking for another project, no mater how small it is.  Just way to much to do right now.  But thanks.

RB

I hear ya bro. :wacko: My projects will be the death of me.

• 3 weeks later...

Really great specimen there wow ! 

I especially like the idea of displaying fossils another way.

Gilles 

Archived