Reorganising fossil room

sandgroper

G'day all,

was inspired today to reorganise my fossil room, I get that urge every couple of months or so. I've basically just moved things around a bit and tried to group them into some kind of order. I hope to get a few more of the glass display cabinets in the next few weeks as I have a few more pieces I want to display. I've picked up a lot of ideas on displaying my collection from the forum here, it's not only a great knowledge resource but it's a fantastic place to learn from the ideas of others. Thanks to the contributors and moderators for making this the great place that it is, cheers,

Dave.

fossil room pic 1.png

fossil room pic 2.png

fossil room pic 3.png

I like the added touch of having the big magnifying glass... I personally don't need one, being near-sighted, but if it helps you or visitors look into cases at items you can't touch, it's a good idea.

My collection is far too unmanageable to move around every couple months! Most of it is in flat drawer units, and spilling over into stacks of boxes. Need to trim it down.

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

I like the added touch of having the big magnifying glass... I personally don't need one, being near-sighted, but if it helps you or visitors look into cases at items you can't touch, it's a good idea.

My collection is far too unmanageable to move around every couple months! Most of it is in flat drawer units, and spilling over into stacks of boxes. Need to trim it down.

Thanks mate, unfortunately my eyes aren't as good as they once were so the magnifying glass helps.  I have a lot of other bits and pieces in drawers etc... But I don't want to part with them so I'll have to work out a way of displaying them somehow. I have a fair bit of wall space in my little fossil room so I'm thinking of making up some wall displays.

That's beautiful!

I love how museum-ish everything looks

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I like it. :D 

Well done. 
Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Excellent display. My collection is relagated to storage boxes and Riker cases all hidden away. My wife doesn't share my love of long dead things. 

"If you choose not to decide. You still have made a choice." - Rush