Calvert Cliffs Collectors - Land Mammals and Seals

fossilguy

Hello all,

I've updated one of my pages:

http://www.fossilguy.com/sites/calvert/calv_vert.htm

The Calvert Cliff Vertebrate Identification section (No Sharks Allowed).  

It's been in need of an update for about 10 years now! 

I am looking to beef up the Land Mammals and Seal section (as I lack these fossils) and am wondering if any Calvert Cliff collectors would be willing to let me use a photo of their seal teeth and/or other land mammal fossils, oh, or birds from the cliffs.  Full credit given of course.

You can PM me back if you have any and would allow me to use them.

Thanks!

Jayson K

• I found this Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jayson,

I checked out the Calvert Cliffs vertebrae ID section on your website you posted. I'm glad I did. Very impressive finds, especially that seal vertebrae and the crocodile teeth. It's quite thrilling the variety of creatures whose remains can be found at that world class site. And more keep appearing all of the time. Thanks for posting them and letting us know.

Great additions to the site! Your site was where I first stated trying to ID my fossils from the cliffs. The only thing that comes to mind is to add an incisor to the peccary section.

Mine is quite worn but happy to take additional pictures if it would be helpful (first linked thread).

Troodon has posted pictures of a peccary jaw from the cliffs that includes the incisor (second linked thread). It looks fantastic. Perhaps you could reach to them as well.

• 2 months later...

@fossilguy perhaps I'm late to the party but have a bunch of cetacean vertebrae. Shall I take some pictures and send them to you or do you have enough? I do have a large cetacean vert. Not sure what species. I have a small vert that be a gull though I'm not familiar with bird verts.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda