Pleistocene bone

jshclvrt1

Hello, I found this in the Brazos river. I have been unable to identify using my usual resources "google images". At first i thought it might be a metacarpal or some kind of foot bone but the end appears too flat, more like a vertebra. I am looking to see if any of y'all have any ideas. Thanks!!

20170212_115747.jpg

20170212_115340.jpg

20170212_115319.jpg

20170212_115331.jpg

I am not an expert but I think its a vert. From what, maybe mosasaur?

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Could it be a crocodile vertebra ? 

Lets see what others say (who maybe know the location :) )

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Nice! I am definitely seeing some similarities with the crocodile; however I wonder if it is more likely to be alligator. Mosasaur would be nice, I find mostly Pleistocene fossils here in south east Texas. I know they find older stuff way up river so I am always hopeful .

If it's a dome shape one on side sticking out and the same dome but going internal on the other end it's alligator, this looks flat and flat? So I'd say it's mammalian.

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

The top end "although worn" is convex and flat at the tip and the bottom end has only the slightest dimple in the center. Is that really a determining factor in whether it is mammal or alligator? 

Harry, I didn't mind having to look up the words in your coment but when you where describing the arthritis, what did you mean? Is it where the ring is around the bone in the bottom end veiw? Thanks!!