I believe I have the genuine Dino bone here.

Trevor Suazo

Well y'all I do believe I found some Dino bone. Sorry it's dirty still but im afraid to handle it much do to the fact I found it near water. It's quit heavy. 50lbs or better. No porous structure visible. Dark black mostly. Well you see the pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Great day today considering I found this as well as a nice arrowhead. Well I am getting an error message saying "there is a problem processing the uploaded file -200" anybody have suggestions for a fix? Im dieing to find answers here.

KIMG0310.JPG

KIMG0294.JPG

KIMG0287.JPG

KIMG0301.JPG

KIMG0289.JPG

KIMG0305.JPG

KIMG0300.JPG

Context or deposit information would be most helpful.

Outdoor photos may help as well.

Photos you have posted are not of much use.

Pic # 1 & 2 have some clairity but still not of much use.

Phone cameras normally do not have resolution enough for diagnostics.

Try again and adjust pic size.

Jess B.

• I found this Informative 1

Alrighty will do tomorrow. Must get rest gotta be up in 2.5hrs lol. Any suggestions for drying and cleaning? Im almost scared of it yet it's hard to resist. For now I have it in a trash bag to preserve current state. Many thanks in advance. Oh btw unfortunately I found this piece under a bridge amongst the quarried riprap although Im sure it's native stone to somewhere near Sasakwa Oklahoma. I know that's of little use but it is what it is. It's a real bummer knowing that if it is something of significance that the rest will most likely never be found by me. And just cause Im rather proud of it here's a pic of the point I found today as well. 

KIMG0264.JPG

Edited by Trevor Suazo
Added pic

Context or deposit information would be most helpful.

Outdoor photos may help as well.

Photos you have posted are not of much use.

Pic # 1 & 2 have some clairity but still not of much use.

Phone cameras normally do not have resolution enough for diagnostics.

Try again and adjust pic size.

Jess B.

I failed to notice, welcome to TTF..

I see you are in Oklahoma there is some Permian material in SW area. Not much true dino material. Not saying there is none.

Welcome to the Forum. :)

There is a 4 mb upload limit to each post. You can add more pictures via a reply in the same thread.

You may have to refresh your internet browser to loose the error message, however.

From the pictures provided, I am not seeing any bone looking material.

As stated by Jess, better pictures in full daylight may offer more detail. 

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hi from France, to wash it you could use water and a soft brush as a tooth brush and let it dry on its own. Then, take photos with outside light when it is still a little wet, because it can show more details, of every angles, and another photos when it is dry.

Felicitations for your arrowhead, it's beautiful.:D

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

I don't see any bone texture in there either.  Does the picture with the white pillow underneath show us a view of the broken end?  Broken pieces of bone will show visible bone structures.  This shows none.  

• I found this Informative 2

I don't know about the possible bone piece (makes me think of a vertebra, but that's only by first impression)

but oh my, that arrowhead is stunning!!!!

With these shots it's hard to get an idea what the whole thing actually looks like? As said, maybe shoot out in the sunlight, back away from it a little so the whole object is in the frame and get a few different angles.

• I found this Informative 1