The megalodon repair project

Joseph Lambert

I bought this megalodon tooth online to practice repairing. Here are some pictures of my progress. Please any constructive criticism or anything would be extremely helpful. Thank you

IMG_0344.PNG

I think that look pretty fantastic.

Do you have pictures of the back side or did you just texture and paint the front?

Don't feel obligated, but would you mind sharing your items used and technique?

it looks great! one observation - you could extend the root lobes out further. other than that, i think you hit the nail on the head

I think you did a great job! You have inspired me to want to try repairing one of my megs!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I mysef bought a couple of teeth to repair quite awhile ago but never got around to trying to repair them.  Id say you did a really good job.  And being your first time makes this job even more amazing.

RB

Alright thanks for the tip and I haven't finished the back yet as soon as I'm done I will post it. Also I will start working on the root area like you said I'll put up pictures if you want and thank you all for your comments.

• 4 weeks later...

I redid the back where the restoration is obvious down in the left corner. I'll add the photo soon

Archived