Just soooo much fossil material and this too.

RJB

A friend of mine and myself took 4 hours to clean up and organize my fossil garage.  What a freekin job!  But its amazing to me all I forget.  I found 2 big milk crates of crab concretions, and lots and lots of unprepped ammonite material and I do mean lots, probably 10 boxesl!  Wow!!!  Im getting very forgetful nowadays.  Ran into about a dozen or so lobsters that still need to be prepped out!  Lots of fish slabs!  Lots of odds and ends too and some very special things that need to get into my collection display cabinets.  I don't really want to push the 'envy' botton, but being in the clean up mode, when he asked me "what about this"  I simply would say, "take it"  or "its yours".  He left for home with lots of fossils to say the least.  But what for me that really got my attention was a small box with a lobster conc in it.  Its a lobster Ive seen before, but only pieces and this one appears to be somewhat complete even though a bit crushed.  Very cool to me being a lobster colletor.  Here is a pic of the box.  Now ive got tons more prep work to do.  :) 

DSCN0831.JPG.c30cba50f5a2e8ad4153548970d83506.JPG

Unbelievable... 

As we get older we do forget and we do accumulate boxes in the garage that we have no clue about when we put them in there. I bet we all wish we could go through your garage.

I was going through a box last week that I had labelled "B" grade fossils. To my surprise what I thought was a pygidium from a greenops boothi  trilobite turned out to be a 98% complete greenops once prepped. I actually found a number of nice fossils in the box ........ must have been real picky that day on my grading of fossils.

Hey Malcolmt, I am the same way.  I can go through b-grade boxes and find some really good stuff.   Being out in the field and re-looking at stuff later is many times two different things.  Almost like fossil hunting for the same thing twice and sometimes thrice.  Ha!  :)

RB

Archived