2-18-17 N. Sulphur River ne TX

John S.

Finally made it out to the Sulphur. It's been 9 months so I was eager to get a big hunt in. Pulled an all dayer, 10 miles in the mud. Was quite a workout and I'm still sore. We haven't had a big rise in a while so I wasn't expecting much but I ended up with a decent haul. Favorites are the jaw sections and coprolite. Looking forward to spring storms hitting soon :D

IMG_6466.PNG

IMG_6450.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

North Central Texas

Eagle Ford Group / Ozan Formation

Nice finds buddy. I was hoping someone would post. I know there is still some good stuff out there. When I left I was finding killer stuff. 

Thanks guys I think the bigger is fish and smaller is mosasaur. 

North Central Texas

:envy::envy::envy:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

1 hour ago, John S. said:

IMG_6491.JPG

IMG_6492.JPG

IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6483.JPG

The piece of cropolite is outstanding along with the ammonite Menabites danei. Nice finds

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Great finds!  I was out there today with my girlfriend.  We ran across what looked like fresh tracks.  Maybe we were following in your footsteps... literally.  It was hella muddy at our bridge and seemed the best way to avoid sinking a foot deep with every step for the first part of our walk out.  

I'll be posting our finds in the next day or so.

59 minutes ago, Jakuzi said:

Great finds!  I was out there today with my girlfriend.  We ran across what looked like fresh tracks.  Maybe we were following in your footsteps... literally.  It was hella muddy at our bridge and seemed the best way to avoid sinking a foot deep with every step for the first part of our walk out.  

I'll be posting our finds in the next day or so.

Very cool look forward to seeing them. I hit 904 and 2990 bridges and then walked 10 hours. Mud made for quite a workout :D

North Central Texas

12 minutes ago, John S. said:

Very cool look forward to seeing them. I hit 904 and 2990 bridges and then walked 10 hours. Mud made for quite a workout :D

I was at the 904 so it must have been yours.  Looked like 2 sets of footprints?  The mud at the bottom of the bridge was brutal.  Looks like the workout paid off.

I started at 904 and there were footprints before me. Most of my time was off 2990. 

North Central Texas

1 hour ago, JarrodB said:

That mud can be brutal. lol

Haha I was more sore after that hike than running a marathon 

North Central Texas

1 hour ago, John S. said:

Haha I was more sore after that hike than running a marathon 

Lol I"m down 95lbs from a mixture of weight loss surgery in Sept and NSR muddy hikes. 

Congratulations Jarrod! I'm a personal trainer so I know how significant that is. You picked the right hobby, keep it up:fistbump:

North Central Texas