Cristy

Can You give some information on Your pieces...

Where found and how old

Also it would help if You show both sides and the edges, more angles of the whole piece, 

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Your finds look interesting.

Could wash them a little with clear water and an old tooth brush to take of the dirt and take other photos when it is still a little wet and as asked you @ynot and also tell us where, the most precisely possible, you found it ? It is important because the location will give us clues to determinate what kind of fossils can be found  and its age, although i think that when you wrote "devian" in the tags you have wanted to mean devonian.

I don't know how big is the coin you put as scale, for me it would be easier if you told us its size using centimeters or inches.

I don't know if it is a coral but i do not think there is an octopus. The striated one reminds me a fossil from another post, but i don't remember it. Maybe @abyssunder will do.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

The "arms" look to be bryozoans, what i circled in blue look to be a fenestrate bryozoan, what i circled in yellow might be imprints of shells and the structures i pointed could be corals.

IMG_3617.JPG.56a8d6b442f694fbcd72cb2d3d719db9.thumb.JPG.88dbac1ee43a49a394e8c77116e4a1bc.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

To my eye, there are a few different kinds of bryozoans present.  The "arms" arebryozoans, and the specimens fifbrindacier circled are fenestellate bryozoans.

Don

The radiating shaped (upper part in the pictures) could be a brachiopod valve. The lower one, with segments ending in bifurcated arms, could be crinoid stem fragment attached to the calyx which has arms, or maybe it could be the opposite end of a crinoid with the holdfast, hard to say for sure.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I thought about crinoid arms/calyx, but I discounted that for the following reasons: 1. The arms are disproportionately far too small for the "calyx"; and 2. the arms bifurcate at irregular intervals, if they were crinoid arms the number of secundibrachials would be consistent between arms so they would each divide at the same distance from the calyx.  Also the "arms" seem to get thinner and thicker in a way that does not look echinoderm, and does look bryozoanish.  Finally, neither the "arms" nor the "calyx" show any evidence of being made of plates or ossicles.

Don

Maybe more pictures of the specimen in question, taken from different sides, would help in the ID.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

21 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

Maybe more pictures of the specimen in question, taken from different sides, would help in the ID.

That is what I said in the first reply.

Still waiting for a reply from @Cristy

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Thank you for the picture.

I would remain in my guesses:

1 - brachiopod valve

2/b - crinoid holdfast, maybe encrusted by bryozoans

Thomas Mann

My Library

Scratching and digging earth, picking rocks, searching for hours, under the sun, the rain, the Wind, sometimes with the feet in the mud, sometimes in positions hard to stay in. It is fun !

What is most fun is to discover through them the great diversity of past life in species, shapes, etc....

In memory of Doren