Fossilized bone?

JeremyN

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could identify this find I made.  I live in the Uckermarck region of Germany where the landscape has been formed by Glaciers.

( In the Ice Age, glaciers shaped the landscape of the region. A climate change left a hilly area with several lakes formed by the melting ice, and humans started to settle the area. Megalithic-cultures arose, followed by Germanic cultures. WIKIPEDIA)

At first I thought it was just a piece of metal when it came out of the soil as I came across it metal detecting but once it was cleaned (washed with water) it turned out like this.  I don´t have the first clue about the subject but am curious as to what you may think of it.  Is it perhaps old mineralized fossil bone or just a wierd rock?    There are what look like ice cream scoops in the one side, just small little smooth craters.

Yours thoughts are very much welcome.

Regards

Jeremy

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

Thanks for your input, I look forward to finding out anything interesting about it.  Even if its just an uninteresting bit of geology it will still be on my shelf as a curiousity I can show my kids when they´re older.

Archived