Hello Everyone - New to the site

BenK

I'm new to the site and was excited to find a resource such as this online. I am a collector of Native American artifacts as well as fossils, have been my whole life off and on when time allows. I just relocated (only by 20 miles) and was wondering if there are any other fossil hounds from my neck of the woods (Perry, Ste. Genevieve county, MO). I'm looking for some public areas to do a little looking if anyone has any tips. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I am in an area that is basically Ordovician, with a small section of Mississipian. At least that's where my personal property is. I have found some pretty nice horn corals and bivavles in a couple gulleys in between the ridges over the years. Is there any website that can provide a more zoomed in, detailed geological map of my area? The general "Geological Map of Missouri" is OK but not the detail I want. Also, what's the best resource for seeing a list of types of Ordovician and Mississipian fossils that I might be able to find? Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 2/23/2017 at 7:49 AM, BenK said:

I'm new to the site and was excited to find a resource such as this online. I am a collector of Native American artifacts as well as fossils, have been my whole life off and on when time allows. I just relocated (only by 20 miles) and was wondering if there are any other fossil hounds from my neck of the woods (Perry, Ste. Genevieve county, MO). I'm looking for some public areas to do a little looking if anyone has any tips. Thanks!

Hi Ben! Idk if you’re still active on this site, but I’m hoping so. I’m a fellow fossil freak out of Missouri. I was hoping you’d be interested in trading locations, or allowing my daughter (she’s 2) and I to do some fossil hunting on your land? Let me know what you think! Kind regards, and good luck on your hunting endeavors!