Upper Carboniferous/Pennsylvanian shark tooth donation

I was recently asked by Forum member Carl who works at the American Museum of Natural History if I would be interested in trading some Carboniferous shark teeth I have collected in Scotland which he would put straight into the fish collections at the museum. (For which he would trade for Mesozoic and Cenozoic teeth from the US).

I was delighted at the opportunity and was just going to donate some specimens to the museum but Carl has sent me some beautiful teeth from his personal collection in return for them, thanks again Carl! The teeth I donated are all from a freshwater deposit of Westphalian A age of the British Coal measures and were collected from the spoil heaps of two long closed collieries in the county of Fife. I will post photos of the rest of them in the donations gallery but here's a couple of the more interesting specimens:

Ageleodus pectinatus. (labial view)

IMGP5642.jpg

Alright, Sam!        :fistbump:   :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Way to go!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Well done, Sam.  ;)

Thanks John :)

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

Alright, Sam!        :fistbump:   :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Way to go!

Regards,

Thanks Tim :)

Good arrangement, I like it. I don't think any of the people up here that I have dealt with in donating material would agree to an arrangement like that - "fossils should not be bought/sold/traded, period!" Oh well, at least you get a tax credit.

Archived