Theropod footprints

flemgunner

Welcome to TFF and TTF.

I too have found tracks here in Texas.

I am sure if you do some more searchig you will find more less distinct.

Harder to spot but cool none the less.

Watch for smaller or juvenile traks those have a tendency to be the ones not so easy to see.

I was fortunate enough to find natural casts and be able to just load up a stone into my truck.

BTW:TFF = The Fossil Forum

TTF= Texas Track Finders

My tracks were found in Hood Co. and yeah a member of the Glen Rose formation. 

Your find is very good. Follow the information these gentlemen have given you and when the latex forms are finalized go back and make the "set" , makes for a very cool outdoor display in your yard.

Thanks for showing us your find.

Jess B.

That pic of the path through the creek, you can almost see them walking through there. Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, aerogrower said:

That pic of the path through the creek, you can almost see them walking through there. Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

I was describing to a guest at the preserve tracks you can see on google earth crossing the Blanco River west of Blanco. The person was wondering what that river was like 110 million years ago. I realized I still had to explain that there was no river there then and that the tracks are just what we see exposed of what would have been a beach or tidal flat along the shore of the Western Interior Seaway.  The vast majority of the Glen Rose Formation strata is marine, not terrestrial or even riparian.  Our current rivers and creeks merely expose snapshots of those long gone locations.

• I found this Informative 1