dino fossil found

noor mohmed

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Unfortunately, I see nothing resembling a fossil in the picture you have provided, and certainly not an Archaeopteryx. :( 

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Archaeopteryx is only found in Germany, I see you are from south India. If you found it youself, it's certainly not an Archaeopteryx

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry but I see no fossil here. And as Giganotoraptor said. Archaeopteryx is only found in a specific place in Germany. It's also incredibly rare.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

This is an Archaeopteryx from Solnhofen Germany.

800px-Archaeopteryx_lithographica_(Berlin_specimen).thumb.jpg.1b076997056395dd3ee2c4dee0f33d17.jpg

From Wikipedia: Own work of H. Raab (User : Vesta) 

Sorry, but in your picture, there is no sign of any bone or any structure which resembles an Archaeopteryx skeleton.

Thomas

PS: Glad, that  you seem to like the insect from my gallery and use it as your avatar

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Hi Noor,

Welcome to the Fossil Forum.

Unfortunately, I too do not see a fossil in the photo.  Can you show us better photos indicating the specific features you think are an Archaeopteryx?  Also please tell us something about the geological context the specimen comes from.

In a more general sense, Archaeopteryx has so far been found only at one locality, where it is a very rare fossil.  However in principle there is no reason why it could not be found at other localities where the rocks are the same age and depositional environment.  The fact that this specimen comes from India does not prove it could not possibly be an Archaeopteryx.  

Also Noor, it is generally considered to be "good form" to ask members before using their photos, or at least to acknowledge the source.  

Don

• Fossildude19 locked this topic

Archived