Domed shelled tortoise

noor mohmed

Unfortunately, this is not a fossil of a tortoise, or of anything, for that matter. :unsure: 

This looks to me like a mudstone nodule or concretion. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

This was found in an ancient lake,removed by JCB and kept aside And it is very brittle there is no possibility of rock formation 

Sorry mate, neither of these are fossil tortoises. "Very brittle" doesn't make something a tortoise, neither does being found in an "ancient lake". There is no pattern on these rocks even vaguely similar to that of a tortoise or turtle carapace.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing fossiliferous about these rocks, as far as I can see. 

There is no bone structure, or tortoise morphology present in either piece. 

You have found some large rocks. 

Regards,

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

Perhaps it will be understood better if i post these 2 pictures which are as a result of  a volcano which killed all life.

20161102_110620 (8).jpg

Perhaps it will be understood better if i post these 2 pictures which are as a result of  a volcano which killed all life.

20170225_174621.jpg

A volcano may have "killed all life" in the area, ... however, this doesn't make the rocks fossils. :( 

I see basalt rocks, indicative of lava flows. I see sedimentary rocks, but no fossils. 

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with actual fossils. There are plenty of examples of tortoise and turtle fossils online.

Regards, 

The Mascarene Islands are indeed volcanic .

Maybe he is talking about Trois Mamelles Mountain?

Cylindraspis has been found there

meanwhile,some documentation

turtle

Rijsdijk2009.pdf

NB all of this does not,of necessity ,of this find a turtle fossil make

I think these are rocks, however going by the report it is possible that these large boulders you have do have actual fossils inside of them. The report talks about finding vertebrate and plant fossils in the rocks there, so it's definitely worth it to see what you have. 

BTW, the tortoise fossils found there are bone fragments, not the shell. So it is possible that you do have actual tortoise fossils in those boulders, just no shells like what you claim to have found. 

Dear Sir,

Good you have been able to recognise,as to why the fossil do not appear like a fossil, now it was not so much for the fossil that i put up the Tortoise, The place has Dinosaurs  fully carbonised some parts are very hard so much so J C B had no effect some other parts are brittle with mini diamonds (i presume,) the place has plants even to this day Prickly Pear .Geranium in red list, Fossil fern,and a living fossil fern. Many more, And my intention is THIS Site Was Connected With Galapagos, Its a hill similar to inverted bowl of GAL...

What i want is the site be saved by International community, as of now only a wall is left Exposing the dinosaurs Please see

by magnifying the  lava You will see Sleeping Dinos, So is the Black Rock before it ,

If This Forum permits  i wish to invite those interested in further research , And to develop it as the most beautiful fossil location in the world, And the deal can be Finalised across the table, at an event At   Bangalore in April You need to Register, i have been invited as special delegate At Bangalore, By GoVt of INDIA  Participants are from all over the World.

Thanks

You seem to be lobbying for the spot as a Unesco Heritage Site?

It would qualify,with "carbonized dinosaurs".

I think not even the Intertrappean beds have those.

Do not post anything with ulterior motives,I would suggest.

At least to me,that seems like something less than total "ethical forum behaviour"

A type of mechanical excavator with a shovel at the front and a digging arm at the rear is called JCB.

2 hours ago, noor mohmed said:

A type of mechanical excavator with a shovel at the front and a digging arm at the rear is called JCB.

Where is this place? Knowing the province or island will do for me, i just want to make sure the rocks there can support dinosaurs.

By the way, I don't see any carbonized dinosaurs in the pictures you have. I'd suggest having good photos of such things since this forum has had it's fair share of people claiming to have intricately preserved dinosaur finds that have almost always been false. If there are actually carbonized dinos that would be incredible (a first occurrence of such in the world). 

Here's a quote from a Wikipedia article on pareidolia and mimetoliths:

"Rocks may come to mimic recognizable forms through the random processes of formation, weathering and erosion...Well-meaning people with a new interest in fossils can pick up chert nodules, concretions or pebbles resembling bones, skulls, turtle shells, dinosaur eggs, etc., in both size and shape. "

As many others have pointed out here, what you have are absolutely not turtle or tortoise shells. 

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Dear Sir,

You are right i would agree if it was case of one nodule, one tortoise, one snake, but when seen repeatedly in form and structure

and the evidence of volcano,  it does come under the  term fossil,  But not as is understood at present, it is a new thing,

Why you i am myself disclosing the facts,

But can eminent Scientist  how   vertebral Column, Blood vessels, Eyes are all seen where they normally appear, i would say some of these "stones " are far more clear than Many a fossil "

It is strange to me that the oldest  fossil fish  is a 3 D picture , no bones  no left overs , i have one such between Crystals, Science has accepted , hence my plea to Examine   My stones,  

I have seen many stones resembling Fossils , In fact i am disclosing a fact for the first time that not all fossils are true Fossils

They have been  modified by ANTS, i saw , I have Photograph Of Genetics of million years being  repeated they will create another controversy, if it is for the first time,

Thanks

5 hours ago, noor mohmed said:

if it was case of one nodule, one tortoise, one snake, but when seen repeatedly in form and structure

and the evidence of volcano,

There are many geologic structures that will be repeated within a deposit that are not fossils.

it does come under the  term fossil,  But not as is understood at present, it is a new thing,

This does not make sense. It is a fossil but only if You change the definition of "fossil"?

But can eminent Scientist  how   vertebral Column, Blood vessels, Eyes are all seen where they normally appear, i would say some of these "stones " are far more clear than Many a fossil "

Would love to see good pictures of this.

It is strange to me that the oldest  fossil fish  is a 3 D picture , no bones  no left overs , i have one such between Crystals, Science has accepted , hence my plea to Examine   My stones,  

Would love to see pictures of this as well.

I have seen many stones resembling Fossils , In fact i am disclosing a fact for the first time that not all fossils are true Fossils

There are a lot of pseudo fossils, rocks that look like something organic in origin when they are not. This is not "First time" information.

They have been  modified by ANTS,

How have ants modified rocks/fossils?

I have to agree with the others-- I see no fossils in the pictures provided.

Regards,

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

8 hours ago, noor mohmed said:

Dear Sir,

You are right i would agree if it was case of one nodule, one tortoise, one snake, but when seen repeatedly in form and structure

and the evidence of volcano,  it does come under the  term fossil,  But not as is understood at present, it is a new thing,

Why you i am myself disclosing the facts,

They have been  modified by ANTS, i saw , I have Photograph Of Genetics of million years being  repeated they will create another controversy, if it is for the first time,

Thanks

This is a science based Forum.

Your claims are, at best, wild speculation, ... and at worst, rampant fantasy. :unsure: 

Science requires proof.  

You are not the first person to suggest alternative fossilization processes nor, are you, I suspect, the last.

The problem is, there is never any proof of such. :( 

This is not the place for these assertations, ... this is better studied by your local scientists/paleontologists who have knowledge of your area, and published in scientific papers, should they find sufficient evidence of your claims. 

I wish you the best of luck in your journey to find the truth.

Regards,

• Fossildude19 locked this topic

Archived