Ideas for an original way to display my collection ?

Nothos

Hi fossils friends,

I have a collection exclusively based on Permian and Triassic Cephalopods. 

At the moment, I have around 400 pieces (Ammonoïds and Nautiloïds), but all is tidied up in cardboards. (Not place enough).

Later, my wish would be to display my collection in an original way. I would not only put fossils on shelves. Maybe recreate for the differents foundplace a setting with rocks/sand/wood ...

Anyone has an idea ? 

Here are a few examples of my cardboards. 

Thanks a lot by advance. 

Gilles 

20170107_221026.jpg

20170107_221400.jpg

You could try riker boxes also.

Ammonite_Box-1.thumb.jpg.d68e376cf893ebdfcf10c089e0974d9e.jpg

Ammonite_Set.thumb.jpg.2a90e2c80f0aa6f42b7db56b0ff2efeb.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Get an old coffee table,put tiles travertine around edge,more fossils? Fill with suitable colour sand,pebbles,drift wood (that's maybe) and your fossils and cover with plate glass.Admire them everytime you have a cuppa.Thinking of doing this for my garden.Top of plant pots with them,put liner over soil first and sink something with hole in to water so you don't spoil the fossils.

You could also do table effect in front of fire place,the side of hallway etc if you have room.On a dressing table,in a bathroom etc

Thanks a lot for your ideas. 

I thought at something looking like that. (See photos).

Not really exactly that but it's an idea I really like. I think I could add old plates with nice fossils drawings ... What do you think ? 

Photos with the kind permission of Олександр Сталенний.

Gilles 

2017-02-26 20.04.03.png

2017-02-26 20.04.53.png

2017-02-26 20.06.05.png

2017-02-26 20.07.02.png

A fish tank lined with sand/gravel and a nice backdrop (with info on the fossils or in life pictures?) would be a nice display. 

Hmmm yes I like this idea too. I especially like adding some nice old fossils plates. 

Thanks 

Archived