Jonestown Dinosaur Tracks?

TheDinosaurGuy

Hi everyone! 

So I've recently gotten into the Early Cretaceous coastal environment of what was the extended Gulf of Mexico in what's now Texas after finding out about the numerous dinosaur trackways in my area of the state. I've been combing various databases, and I've already visited the trackway up at the South San Gabriel River twice (A very beautiful group of tracks I might add). This morning, I came across something that surprised me. On the database site https://paleobiodb.org/#/ ( a very useful and interesting site that shows various fossil finds on a map), I found that there were supposedly tracks from some sort of theropod (probably the large sort found around a lot of Texas that have been attributed to Acrocanthosaurus atokensis if I was to put my money on one) were found as close to home as Jonestown. Would anyone happen to know any more about this set of tracks? Unfortunately, there is nothing about exact location on the site like GPs coordinates, so all I have to go off of is the specimen number it provides and a name "TMM 43007, Sandy Creek". Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

13 minutes ago, TheDinosaurGuy said:

Hi everyone! 

So I've recently gotten into the Early Cretaceous coastal environment of what was the extended Gulf of Mexico in what's now Texas after finding out about the numerous dinosaur trackways in my area of the state. I've been combing various databases, and I've already visited the trackway up at the South San Gabriel River twice (A very beautiful group of tracks I might add). This morning, I came across something that surprised me. On the database site https://paleobiodb.org/#/ ( a very useful and interesting site that shows various fossil finds on a map), I found that there were supposedly tracks from some sort of theropod (probably the large sort found around a lot of Texas that have been attributed to Acrocanthosaurus atokensis if I was to put my money on one) were found as close to home as Jonestown. Would anyone happen to know any more about this set of tracks? Unfortunately, there is nothing about exact location on the site like GPs coordinates, so all I have to go off of is the specimen number it provides and a name "TMM 43007, Sandy Creek". Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Screenshot_2017-02-26-17-52-08.thumb.png.c43cfbdb4fd7859498c5831016343a1a.png

Co-ordinates here.

Yvie